Samstag, 18. Oktober 2014

Cozy Crochet Scarf - free pattern

My first free pattern in english!
(I use american crochet terminology. )

When I first began to crochet, I found lots and lots of english patterns online - that's what got me started. Now I'd like to give something back: my most popular free pattern is now available in english!
This pattern in german: here.

I hope you like it - and please help me to eliminate mistakes by telling me if something's wrong.


This cozy scarf is made of soft, bulky alpaka wool in an easy stitch that looks like knit.




I used Drops Andes von Garnstudio with a L hook (8.00 mm) .
I used a little more than 3 balls, approx. 330 grams.

You can use whatever yarn with the according hook size for this project. Change the number of stitches in the first row according to your taste!


Row one:

Using foundation half double crochet, work 25 half double crochet.



Here you'll find video tutorial for the foundation half double crochet.

(Alternately chain 27, half double crochet in third chain from hook and in every chain till the end of the row.)


Row two (work in back loop only)

Turn.
Chain 2,  half double crochet in each stitch (25 stitches).





After a few stitches, it should look like this:




Row three:
Repeat row two.
Now you can see the beautiful structure that looks a litte like knit.

That's it - easy! Just continue row two until your desired length. My scarf measures 170 cm.

At the end, use the tail to sew the two ends of the scarf together. Darn in all ends, done!


You can sell, gift or keep the scarves made from this tutorial. But please don't sell the pattern itself. Thank you!


Have fun! If you have a question, just write me: ninajanky (at) gmail.com

Nina.

Kommentare:

  1. Liebe Nina,
    Kompliment, toller Loop und dann alles in englisch... Klasse!
    Lieber Gruß, Charly

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Glückwunsch zur ersten englischen Anleitung! Ein ganz toller Loop übrigens - perfekt für diese Jahreszeit!
    Viele Grüße aus dem Norden,
    Katharina

    AntwortenLöschen